Before having my daughter I was looking amazing! I was at the gym everyday at 7am sweating daily. I put on 1 1/2 stone during my pregnancy but I didn’t really notice it as my bump was quite tiny. I still wanted to get back to my pre pregnancy size though as it made me feel good about myself.
Gym after baby is quite hard especially if you’re breastfeeding. There’s the 24 hour gym route which I originally took but the only times I could go were early mornings like 4am and I had to stop. I refused to lose anymore sleep.
I needed something that would work for me. I had to turn to my best friend google of course 🙂
Then I found it! The perfect solution. A gym…with a crèche! Horray 🎉🎉
I now go to the gym 3 days a week 10am-12pm and my daughter stays at the crèche there while I work out. She always has a little moan when I leave her but within minutes she’s laughing and having fun with the crèche workers and other children. For the rest of the week I find myself going jogging with the buggy. Great workouts! I do miss my 7am workouts but this is just as good.
1) Places for People leisure http://www.placesforpeopleleisure.org
I currently go to a places for people leisure centre in south London. On their website you can find the nearest in to you and check if they have childcare facilities(please note that not all of them do) I was lucky enough to join when they had a promotion going on £49 for 3 months. The crèche is the £3.20 per session (for 2 hours) It takes place in their adventure zone where they have lots of soft play equipment. My daughter loves it and so do I!
2) Virgin Active https://www.virginactive.co.uk/our-difference/families/creche
Haven’t tried it myself but I’ve heard good reviews.
3) Yoga Bellies http://www.yogabellies.co.uk/classes/babies/
They offer mum and baby yoga classes. Have a look on their site and find a class near you.
4) Buggy fit http://www.buggyfit.co.uk/
This is an outdoor exercise class with other mums and their babies. It’s a great idea. Only downside is the weather. If it rains or if it’s too cold you’re not really going to want to bring out your baby but check out their website. They’re known to offer free trials!
5) Nuffield health centre https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/gyms/services/nuffy-bear-day-nursery
Another gym with childcare facilities. Find your nearest one and see what they have to offer.
Things to remember
1) check the minimum and maximum age of children that the crèche cater for. In some cases I’ve seen they only look after children for 6months – 4 years old.
2) Ask ask ask. Ask questions about the childcare providers. Are they qualified to look after kids? How many years experience have they had? Etc
3) If your nearest gym does offer childcare, check whether the price for that is included in your gym membership or if you have to pay separately.
4) If you can workout at home then do it! It’s free and you don’t have to worry about childcare at all! YouTube will be your best friend or buy an exercise DVD
5) IMPORTANT Have your 6 week check up at the doctors before even thinking about picking up a dumbbell 🙂